If you’d like a fast-paced customer service job in a neighborhood store, you’ll want to know: Does QuikTrip hire felons? They might just be the perfect fit! But how can you find out if they’ll hire you?
Relaunch Pad contacts companies directly for their policy on hiring people with felony records. We find answers to other questions too, like:
- Does QuikTrip hire people with misdemeanors?
- Do they drug test new staff?
- How does QuikTrip do background checks?
We’re driven to give the best advice we can to increase your chances to get a job at QuikTrip with a felony. A lot of our staff have been where you are now — looking for work as an ex-felon.
Does QuikTrip hire felons?
Official company policy for hiring felons
We don’t know because we’re in the middle of reaching out to them. There’s nothing on their website that tells us if they do or they don’t.
QuikTrip hired felons in the past?
This is uncertain. Plus, the few online comments from staff we found said they wouldn’t hire someone with a felony.
Does QuikTrip hire people with misdemeanors?
They may or may not. Since these are less serious than felonies, hiring could depend on the circumstances.
Is QuikTrip on the Ban the Box list?
Ban the Box — Businesses on this list have taken the criminal record check box off their job application form. In other words, they don’t want to see your criminal record until after they learn about your job skills and experience.
Fair Chance Business Pledge — Companies who sign the Pledge want applicants to know that they treat everyone fairly. This includes people with criminal records.
Does QuikTrip have special programs for hiring felons?
Unfortunately, they don’t. However, it’s not very common for employers to have special programs of this nature.
What are the odds someone with a felony will get hired?
We believe the odds are uncertain based on:
- QuikTrip’s policy on hiring former felons isn’t yet available.
- The company has no special programs for hiring former felons.
- They aren’t on the Ban the Box list and haven’t signed the Fair Chance Business Pledge.
- We can’t find any online staff comments saying you can get a job at QuikTrip with a felony or misdemeanor.
What are some entry-level jobs?
Here are examples of entry-level jobs that don’t require a high school diploma:
Facility Support Technician — Maintains and repairs equipment and store facilities.
Store Clerk — Serves customers, stocks merchandise and keeps store clean.
Assistant Manager — Supervises the store during their shift.
There are also Second Assistant Manager and First Assistant Manager positions with more responsibility.
If you have a high school diploma or equivalent, you could apply for a warehouse job shipping products to stores. You could even work in the bakery or commissary where food items are produced to be sold daily in stores.
How to get hired at QuikTrip with a felony
When you apply online, you’ll be asked to complete an Application Survey. The survey asks about your experience with responsibilities similar to those at QuikTrip.
There’s a goldmine of information in the Application Survey that you can use to improve your resume. For instance, make sure your resume covers the following:
- Experience you’ve had pumping gas, even if it’s just your own vehicle.
- Cleaning jobs, including job assignments while in prison.
- Knowledge of cash registers and making transactions.
- Organizing and stocking products at work or as a volunteer.
- Handling difficult people, whether customers or not.
Remember, you can apply directly at a store. Bringing your resume to the manager is a great way to show how serious you are about working for QuikTrip.
We’ve also got some great tips for your interview:
- Dress like you’ve got the job already. Try a smart-looking golf shirt and cargo pants similar to the QuikTrip uniform.
- Cover up body art and remove piercings other than on the ears. This is the professional appearance the company wants for their staff.
- Go for a conservative hairstyle. They say they want employees who don’t have “questionable taste” in hairstyles.
- Honesty is the best policy. Since we don’t have a lot to go on about how to get a job at QuikTrip with a felony, being truthful about your past shows you have integrity.
- Get ready to tell some stories about dealing with difficult situations and people. Demonstrating that you can handle yourself no matter what happens is a good thing.
- Tell how you’ve gone out of your way to help someone. QuikTrip mentions this as good customer service, however a tale about assisting a neighbor or stranger works.
Does QuikTrip do background checks?
Yes, QuikTrip does background checks. We’re not sure what it includes, so be ready that they may check up on any information in your application.
Following is important information about background checks across the U.S.:
The states below review offenses only during the last seven years:
- New Hampshire*
- New York*
(* sometimes certain pay or salary bracket positions require one.)
Here are states that don’t consider charges where you were found not guilty:
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
Most states want to see your entire criminal record, including not guilty verdicts. Here they are:
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Glassdoor reviews by QuikTrip employees give the company 3.8 out of 5 stars. This is based on over 1,500 ratings. Staff praise was for good compensation, great benefits, and the opportunity to succeed on the job and get ahead in the company.
QuikTrip won a Glassdoor Best Places to Work award four years in a row — 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. What’s more, they were on the Glassdoor Top CEO list in 2017 and 2016, and one of the Best Places to Interview in 2017.
But those aren’t their only awards! They’ve been high on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For list for fifteen years.
Indeed.com ratings are also good. More than 2,400 reviews give them 4.2 out of 5. People like the company best for pay and benefits, job security and advancement and its culture.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
If you have a criminal history for property offenses, theft or fraud, you might have a more difficult time getting hired. The reason is that you need to be trusted not to steal the merchandise. Also, you’ll have access to the cash register if you’re working in a QuikTrip store.
The other type of crime that might concern the hiring manager is anything related to assault or intimidation. The company has built a reputation on excellent customer service. That means losing your temper with customers or coworkers won’t go down well. In addition, you need to keep a cool head to deal with challenging situations at work including the occasional belligerent customer.
Does QuikTrip drug test?
Yes, according to online staff comments they drug test staff. However, this is only for full-time positions and if you have an on-the-job accident.
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
What do you know? How does QuikTrip hire felons? Our readers want to hear from you too!