Does Lockheed Martin do background checks?
Yes. You can expect a background check.
Here are some things to keep in mind regarding background checks:
There are several states that will now only look at an offense if it’s less than seven years old. Here is a list of those states:
- New Hampshire*
- New York*
(*certain pay or salary bracket positions require a screening.)
The states below don’t look at anything you weren’t convicted of:
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
These states will still look at everything:
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Glassdoor.com has Lockheed Martin rated with 3.8 out of 5 stars. This is what we found about how they got their score:
Employees like the many benefits that Lockheed Martin has to offer and say it’s a wonderful place to work. However, since it’s a large company, it isn’t very personal and the pay is only average.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
Obviously a company that often deals with the government is going to have some stipulations for the convictions they can work with. In this case, there’s a whole document about it you can read here.
From the document:
If OSY receives disqualifying information on a contract employee, the Contractor, upon notification of such, must immediately remove the employee from duties which require access to DOC facilities.
Individuals may be barred from working on the premises of a facility for any of the following:
(1) Conviction of a felony or a crime of violence or of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
(2) Falsification of information entered on security screening forms or on other documents submitted to the Department.
(3) Improper conduct once performing on the contract, including criminal, infamous, dishonest, immoral, or notoriously disgraceful conduct or other conduct prejudicial to the Government regardless of whether the conduct directly related to the contract.
(4) Any behavior judged to pose a potential threat to departmental personnel or property.
Outside of government jobs, there are other considerations. This company deals with sensitive materials, so cyber crimes, theft or any offense dealing with dishonesty will be a red flag.
Another big one will be violent offenses. These types of crimes are always looked at closely when applying for a job, but Lockheed Martin also requires security clearance for most roles. If that’s the case, this type of record will be a strong barrier.
Does Lockheed Martin drug test?
It’s pretty clear that you should expect a drug screen when applying with Lockheed Martin.
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
So, what can you tell us about how to get a job at Lockheed Martin with a felony? Was our article helpful in answering your questions? Please share whatever tips you have!