What are some entry-level jobs?
The main entry-level job at Arthrex is a Packaging Technician, where your main duty is (no surprise) packaging the devices. This will be familiar with you if you have previous manufacturing or packaging experience. While it may not seem like your dream job, starting off in this position will give you a chance to work your way up through the company and establish a life-long career in the medical field.
How to get hired at Arthrex with a felony
So you’ve decided you want to try to get hired at Arthrex with a felony, but aren’t sure where to start. We’re here to help! You’ll want to begin by customizing your resume to match what Arthrex is looking for.
Since they manufacture medical devices, if you have any experience in manufacturing or warehousing, be sure to add it to your resume. You’ll also want to include where you got the experience. Was it in prison? School? Previous job? Or did you teach yourself? Regardless of where you picked up the experience, put it on the resume.
Include your past work history, but only if it’s relevant to the position. For example, if you worked at a distribution center, include it on your resume. However, if you worked at a fast food restaurant, you can leave that off.
Be sure to list the correct name, address, phone number, and start and end dates of employment for each company.
If you need additional assistance with your resume, Relaunch Pad has come up with a guide to help you.
Arthrex only accepts applications through their website. So once you’re happy with your resume, you’ll need to access their careers page to find the position you’re qualified for and submit your application.
We also have some tips to help you get through the interview:
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early. This will give you a chance to fill out any pre-interview paperwork and show that company that you can be on time.
- Dress appropriately. An interview is not the time for jeans and a t-shirt. You’ll want to wear something business casual, like a pair of khakis and a dress shirt or dress pants and a blouse.
- Be polite and smile. The company is going to want to hire someone who is happy and pleasant. If a negative question comes up, try to spin your answer in a positive way.
- For example, they will ask about your criminal history. Answer them with the community service or volunteer work you’ve done since your release, or tell them what you learned during your time in prison.
- Be honest about your past. Don’t hide or lie about it. Arthrex will find out and it could cost you your job offer.
Prison doesn’t have to be a negative thing!