Finding work after a felony can be tough when you don’t have the right information. That is why we will answer the question: Does Bed Bath & Beyond hire felons? After this comprehensive article, you will have an easier time getting back on your feet.
Bed Bath & Beyond is famous for its retail stores that sell a little bit of everything. We’ve brought you the right tips on how to get a job at Bed Bath & Beyond with a felony. We’ll bring you valuable information on:
- Does Bed Bath & Beyond hire people with misdemeanors?
- How do I apply to positions at Bed Bath & Beyond?
- Does Bed Bath & Beyond do background checks?
- Will my felony disqualify me for a position at Bed Bath & Beyond?
Finding a new job might seem scary after a conviction. This is exactly why Relaunch Pad does all the hard work for you by talking to companies directly. That’s not all, though. We also do plenty of research so you have the most updated information. Why should you trust us? We believe everyone deserves a second chance, and that is why we hire felons ourselves!
Let’s learn a little more about how to get hired at Bed Bath & Beyond with a record.
Does Bed Bath & Beyond hire felons?
Official company policy for hiring felons
We don’t have their policy just yet, but we’ll update as soon as we do!
Has Bed Bath & Beyond hired felons in the past?
Resources online say they’ll give former felons an opportunity to be part of their workforce.
Does Bed Bath & Beyond hire people with misdemeanors?
Since there’s so much support saying they’ll hire felons, we’re pretty sure they’ll also hire someone with a misdemeanor.
Is Bed Bath & Beyond on the Ban the Box list?
Yes, Bed Bath & Beyond has been part of Ban the Box since 2013. If you don’t know what Ban the Box is, it’s a campaign that gets companies to stop asking whether or not people have committed crimes of any kind on their job applications.
Bed Bath & Beyond is also part of the Fair Chance Business Pledge. This means they treat all applicants equally, even former felons. Companies that are part of this campaign don’t do a background check until an offer of employment is made.
Does Bed Bath & Beyond have special programs for hiring felons?
The company doesn’t have a special program for hiring ex-offenders that we can tell.
What are the odds someone with a felony to get hired?
We would say your chances are high, which is great news. There’s a lot of support online saying that they do. They are also part of Ban the Box list and the Fair Chance Business Pledge.
What are some entry-level jobs?
At Bed Bath & Beyond, the main entry-level jobs will vary according to the field you pick:
→ Store: Clerk, retail sales specialist, cashier
→ Corporate: Analyst, assistant
→ Distribution: Supply chain, loss prevention, inventory control
→ Call Center: Customer service representative, contact center
Most of the jobs only require basic skills, and you will get all the on-the-job training you need to succeed as a new employee. There are day and night shifts available, as well as early, mid and closing teams.
How to get hired at Bed Bath & Beyond with a felony
Finding the job opportunities offered by Bed Bath & Beyond is quite easy. All you have to do is access their careers page and find the list of positions available according to the field you want.
First, let’s work on your resume and what you should do to increase your chances of getting hired there.
- Make sure your resume is current and insert the most relevant data about yourself. Everything counts, even if your experience didn’t come from formal jobs.
- It should also be well-written and formatted correctly.
- Highlight volunteer work. Did you know that companies highly value volunteer experience as it gives you essential skills to be a great employee? It also shows you’re interested in supporting your community. If you’ve had this type of experience in the past, make sure you mention it in your resume.
You’re looking nice and your printed resume is in hand. Now it’s time to talk to the interviewer. Here are some great tips for you:
- Being a felon is not easy, but you can certainly use this to your advantage. Mention important things you learned from your time away. You gained skills there, too!
- Dress accordingly. There is no need to spend hundreds in clothing, but ensure you dress business casual. Avoid sandals and tees, for example, and make sure your hair and beard are clean and tidy.
- Your personal qualities matter a lot. Mention why you think you’re a good fit for the job and highlight your best traits.
- Avoid crude mannerisms and slang. We all know how certain expressions help you get through your days, but in a business setting, they are not always well received.
Does Bed Bath & Beyond do background checks?
Reports online show they do.
Here is what you need to know about background checks:
The states below do not consider information seven years old or older when running a background check:
- New Hampshire*
- New York*
If you were found not guilty, the charge won’t even show in some states!
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
Your whole record, however, will be shown in these states (even the not guilty verdicts will appear):
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
To give you an idea of what it’s like to work for this company, we also researched company ratings websites. Glassdoor has over 2,000 reviews with an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5. When you look at Indeed, you will see Bed Bath & Beyond has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars (from over 5,000 reviews).
Both sites had similar feedback about the company. Employees tended to like the flexible schedule, great working environment and number of opportunities. They didn’t enjoy that there were few full-time positions, short breaks, not enough hours and low pay, however.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
If your felony is related to money, you will probably not be able to get a job as a cashier.
If your felony is related to assault, then you will probably not get a job that will require you to deal with people.
Does Bed Bath & Beyond drug test?
We were not able to find information regarding this question. It really is in your best interests to be sober when you’re applying, just in case!
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
If you have walked this path and were able to get a job at Bed Bath & Beyond with a felony, tell us about it! Your input is extremely valuable to us all!