Finding work can be a full-time job for anyone, especially for former felons. The right job can give you a boost of confidence and help you feel better about yourself, so let’s find out: Does Avis Budget Group hire felons?
Avis Budget Group operates the two leading global brands in vehicle leasing: Avis and Budget. If you’re interested in vehicles and have customer service experience, we’ll help you get a job at Avis Budget Group with a felony. We’ll answer the following questions, plus more:
- Does Avis Budget Group hire people with misdemeanors?
- Does Avis Budget Group do background checks?
- How do I apply?
- Do they drug test?
Trying to find a job with a conviction on your record is tough. We know because we’ve been there! Most of our team consists of people with criminal records or professionals who have worked closely with them. We know to directly contact companies and ask them if they hire former felons. Relaunch Pad is dedicated to helping you get on your feet and back to a normal life.
Now, let’s learn more about how to get hired at Avis Budget Group with a record.
Does Avis Budget Group hire felons?
Official company policy for hiring felons
We’ve been unable to contact them, but we’ll continue trying. In the meantime, we’ve got more information to help you get a job at Avis Budget Group with a felony.
Has Avis Budget Group hired felons in the past?
We don’t have an official company statement, unfortunately. That said, our sources show Avis Budget Group has hired felons in the past.
Does Avis Budget Group hire people with misdemeanors?
Although we can’t say for sure, we know they’ve hired people with felonies in the past so it’s a pretty safe bet that Avis Budget Group will hire people with misdemeanors as well.
Is Avis Budget Group on the Ban the Box list?
Ban the Box was formed in 2004 as an initiative to rid applications of the box that asks if you’ve been convicted of a crime. The Fair Chance Business Pledge is part of this, encouraging employers to look past your criminal background and focus on your talents and skills instead.
Avis Budget Group isn’t on the Ban the Box list and they haven’t signed the Fair Chance Business Pledge.
That’s okay because we know they’ve hired former felons in the past!
Does Avis Budget Group have special programs for hiring felons?
Avis Budget Group doesn’t offer any special hiring programs for felons at this time. If you’re interested in these types of programs, contact your local workforce development agency.
What are the odds someone with a felony will get hired?
After extensive research, we think your odds are average for getting hired at Avis Budget Group with a felony. Even though the company isn’t on the Ban the Box list, there are reports that they’ve hired those with convictions in the past. You’ll have a good chance of getting an entry-level position.
What are some entry-level jobs?
Avis Budget Group offers several entry-level positions. They’re a car rental agency, so their main positions are associate rental sales, vehicle service attendant and airport or courtesy bus driver. Any type of vehicle knowledge and customer service skills will come in handy.
Starting off in an entry-level position is a good way to earn promotions and begin your career path at Avis Budget Group.
How to get hired at Avis Budget Group with a felony
You love vehicles and sales and think this would be the perfect job for you, but you’re wondering where to start. We can help! We’ll start with your resume and the application.
- Be sure to accurately, and truthfully, list your work history.
- Include skills and talents and mention where you learned them, whether in school, previous work experience, or during your time in jail or prison.
- List all your related experience. For example, if the job requires a person to know Spanish, and you have work-related experience communicating in Spanish, include it.
- Your resume should look professional. This means wrinkle-free paper with nice ink and no stains.
If you need some extra help, Relaunch Pad has a guide to give your resume an extra boost.
You’ve created an impressive resume, filled out the online application and received a call back. Now what? We’re going to give you helpful tips for your interview at Avis Budget Group.
Have good body language:
- Shake hands firmly, after the interviewer has extended their hand first.
- Smile, the company is going to want someone friendly working for them.
- Stand and sit tall. Otherwise you may look like you’re not interested in the position.
- Have good eye contact. You don’t want to come across as if you’re hiding or lying about something.
What to talk about:
- If possible, avoid talking about negative issues at the beginning or the end of the interview.
- End your interview with a summary of your qualifications.
- Talk about your current activities and future plans at every opportunity. Be sure to emphasize your education, job training, community service and other activities you’ve done since your release.
- Be sure to talk about your career goals and how the job you’re applying for fits those goals.
Above all else, don’t lie about your past. Your employer will find out and it could cost you the job.
Does Avis Budget Group do background checks?
Because we haven’t been able to make contact with the company and our sources are inconclusive, we can’t say whether or not Avis Budget Group will do a background check.
Here’s what you need to know about background checks:
Background checks are not created equally and each state is different. For example, if you live in these states, they don’t look at any convictions that are seven years old or more:
- New Hampshire*
- New York*
And these eight states aren’t interested in any cases where you were ultimately found not guilty:
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
Be aware, however, if you live in the states on this list. They can, and will, look at your whole record, including the not guilty verdicts:
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
We did some online research and found that glassdoor.com gives Avis Budget Group a 2.8 out of 5 star rating. The largest influencing factors are the benefits and room to grow within the company. The biggest drawback seems to be the long hours.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
Does Avis Budget Group hire felons? It looks like they do, but certain convictions may hurt your chances. For example, these felonies may make it tougher to get hired on at Avis Budget Group:
- Driving-related offenses, because most positions require driving or working with company and customer vehicles.
- Violent crimes, since you’ll be working directly with the general public.
- Theft or fraud, because some positions may require you to handle cash or credit card information.
Does Avis Budget Group drug test?
Sources show Avis Budget Group will perform a drug test during the hiring process. Regardless, it’s always best to prepare as if they do. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
Were you able to use this article to get a job at Avis Budget Rental with a felony? Tell us about it! It’s a great chance to help others who are in the same situation while helping our community.