Just because you have a criminal record doesn’t mean you can’t find a good job. We’re here to help you find jobs for felons in Santa Ana, California, a city with a population over 330,000. A city this size has lots of options! Whether you’re looking for a company that has open manual labor positions or a job in an office, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve contacted over 1,000 companies to find out their hiring policies for former felons. This way you have a good idea of where to look while job hunting! We know what it’s like coming out on the other side after going through the justice system because many of us have a criminal record and have been where you are. That’s why we’ll add our helpful tips along the way to help you get hired.
Jobs that hire felons in Santa Ana
We’ve included a search feature you can use to narrow down your results by location, industry (like tourism, which is the top industry locally), or even skill set. This will help you find jobs that hire felons in Santa Ana a little faster.
Top companies that hire felons in Santa Ana
If you have a criminal record, job hunting may seem like a daunting task. Broaden your horizons a bit and try searching for entry-level positions that might be a good fit, especially if looking for companies that hire felons in Santa Ana. These types of jobs give you the best chance at getting hired because they don’t have a lot of requirements.
Below you’ll find local companies that will give you a shot. Simply click on the company name, or read on for more information.
Before you start job hunting, be sure your resume is up-to-date by checking out our guide to making a resume for felons. This guide will help make sure you’re ready to enter the workforce.
Continue reading to see the best jobs for felons in Santa Ana, California.
Located in downtown Santa Ana, Detention DTSALaunder is a really popular restaurant and bar that not only provides great meals but also items like fresh baked bread. Sounds like a great atmosphere to invest yourself in!
Entry-level jobs at Detetnion DTSA consists of:
Walt Disney Company
Almost everyone has heard of Walt Disney. With over 10,000 employees at their Santa Ana location, you have a good shot at finding a job here.
Some Disney entry-level jobs here are:
- Ticket sales
Rancho Santiago Community College
The Rancho Santiago Community College District is the top community college in Orange County and includes a campus in Santa Ana. If a position in the education industry interests you, this could be a great place to get your foot in the door.
Some of their entry-level jobs are:
Launderland Coin Laundry
Working in a laundromat doesn’t sound very exciting, but they offer great positions for people who are looking to get to work and aren’t afraid to work hard. Launderland Coin Laundry is a chain of laundromats that you might recognize in Santa Ana. Give them a shot!
These positions might include:
If you’re interested in flying and are looking for a position in the air, Delta Airlines might be the choice for you. They’re a busy airline and have a solid presence at the airport here.
Their entry-level jobs are:
- Ticket sales
- Flight attendant
- Food services
Nordstrom Regional Office
Nordstrom is a luxury clothing line with a regional office located in Santa Ana. If you like fashion and customer service, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Their entry-level jobs include:
- Call center representative
- Data entry
City of Santa Ana
California is proactive when it comes to reintegration. The City of Santa Ana is right on board. Considering how many roles they have to fill throughout the year to keep the city operating at peak efficiency, you’ll often see a number of jobs on their job board.
Entry-level jobs you can find at City of Santa Ana are:
- Administrative Aide
- Building Maintenance Technician
- Community Center Aide
With a location in Santa Ana, Emanate Health is a hospital system that serves its customers between the Los Angeles and San Bernardino areas. This is a great opportunity at an entry-level position if you’re interested in the medical field.
Entry-level positions at Emanate Health include:
- Nursing assistant
- Food services
An electronics manufacturer, PARPRO has a local reputation for good hiring and hard workers. If you want to be in this kind of environment and have the skills they’re looking for, you should apply!
A few entry-level positions at Starbucks are:
- Test Technician
- Receiving Inspector
- Manufacturing Technician
Trucking jobs for felons in Santa Ana
You can usually find trucking jobs for felons in Santa Ana. They’re known for hiring former offenders and those with criminal records.
If you’re interested in a driving position, check out these companies:
- G B F Enterprises, Inc.
- Alpha Trucking
- Duenas Trucking
- CU Recovery
- Genesis Transport LLC
Warehouse jobs for felons in Santa Ana
You can almost always find a job at a warehouse or factory as a line worker or in an administrative role. These jobs are the heart of the warehouse and keep them running. Many also hire former felons.
Some of the top warehouse jobs for felons in Santa Ana are:
- Keurig Dr. Pepper
- Nissan North America
- A-1 Self Storage
- American Freight
- Alternative Retail
Temp agency jobs for felons in Santa Ana
If you’re looking for a temporary position, employment agency jobs for felons in Santa Ana are a great place to start.
You can find the top temp agency jobs for felons in Santa Ana below:
Second chance and job training programs for felons in Santa Ana
Thankfully, California supports Ban the Box laws and the Fair Chance Act. Simply put, this means that employers are obligated to consider a candidate’s qualifications and experience, rather than their criminal background, before the interview process. This gives former felons a fair shot at employment.
Second chance and job training programs for felons in Santa Ana can provide valuable assistance to those looking for work.
In Santa Ana, resources for former felons include:
- California Reentry Institute Program
- Mission: Preparing men for and supporting them through the transition from incarceration to freedom, assisting them in being contributing members of society. Proving that with preparation and support, the cycle of incarceration can be broken.
- Services offered: Education, Employment, Family
- California Reentry Program
- Mission: The mission of the California Reentry Program is to assist California prisoners in successfully reentering society. This includes developing parole plans; providing prisoners assistance with developing social skills and obtaining services in their local communities; promoting public support for such programs; and providing a model for reentry programs that can be replicated in California and elsewhere.
- Services offered: Addiction and Recovery, Clothing and Household, Education, Employment, Housing, Immigration, Medical
- Male Community Reentry Program
- Mission: The Male Community Reentry Program (MCRP) helps inmates successfully reenter the community by allowing eligible inmates committed to a California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) institution to serve the end of their sentence (up to one year) in the community in lieu of confinement at a CDCR institution. The MCRP is designed to provide a range of community-based, rehabilitative services that assist with substance use disorder treatment, mental health care, medical care, employment, education, housing, family reunification, and social support.
- Services offered: Addiction and Recovery, Education, Employment, Family, Housing, Medical, Mental Health
- New Beginnings Law Center: Record Clearing Program
- Mission: NBLC utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach. We combine legal advocacy with social work to reduce recidivism. By cleaning up the criminal records of those previously involved in the criminal justice system and facilitating community reintegration through collaboration with other nonprofits, we provide a socio-legal safety net for those at risk of re-entering the criminal justice system. The Record Clearing Program at NBLC provides legal services to people that have a criminal history. A criminal history can create a barrier to employment, housing, licensing, education and community involvement. We help you overcome these barriers by clearing up your criminal history.
- Services offered: Addiction and Recovery, Education, Employment, Housing, Legal, Medical, Mental Health