It’s challenging finding jobs under normal circumstances, but it’s even more difficult if you have a criminal record. Let this article be a resource to help you find jobs for felons in Anaheim, California. We’ve put in a bunch of research, and have our own criminal backgrounds to draw from for specific application tips.
According to the last census, there are almost 100,000 businesses in Orange County and more than 350,000 residents in Anaheim itself. That’s a lot of opportunity and competition. Don’t let that bother you. We’ve contacted over 1,000 companies directly to ask them about their hiring policies for people like us — justice-involved individuals. We’ll save you time and effort by breaking down the best jobs in your area, including temp agency jobs for felons in Anaheim.
Jobs that hire felons in Anaheim
Below you’ll find a search feature with listings for jobs that hire felons in Anaheim, California. Simply add in the things you want to search for to filter the results, such as industry or job title. The strongest industries locally are tourism and retail, so those might be the best place for you to start.
Top companies that hire felons in Anaheim
Have you been searching through the newspaper’s help wanted ads, but can’t tell if any of the employers will hire someone with a criminal record? Here’s the ten companies most likely to hire former offenders in the area. Their entry-level positions are ideal for a quick hire, so make sure to take a look.
One of the biggest barriers people face when applying for a job is their resume. This is especially true if you have a criminal background. We can help with that! Check out our resume guide developed specifically for former felons so you can put your best foot forward.
Without further ado, let’s review some of the top companies that hire felons in Anaheim.
The Walt Disney Company
Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim is one of the biggest employers in the area. If you’re interested in assisting customers through their Disney journey, this is a great place to look.
Entry-level jobs at Disney include:
- Park Actor/Cast Members
- Guest Services
- Restaurant Positions
- Retail Positions
AT and T
AT&T is a great place to get back into the workforce with a conviction because they hire so many technicians and customer service associates with minimal training or experience. The company offers telephone, internet and cell phone services.
Below are entry-level jobs at AT&T:
- Home Sales
- Installation Technician
- Customer Service
Curacao is a popular local retailer that sells home products like electronics, appliances, and furniture. Ideal for the budding salesperson, this company requires a positive outlook and upbeat personality.
Some of the best entry-level jobs for former felons to consider include:
- Delivery crew
If you have a conviction but are looking at getting your foot in the door someplace, why not try Northgate Market? They’re one of the companies that hire felons in Anaheim. They have a record of being felon-friendly, as long as you’re honest on your application.
Get off to a fresh start with one of these entry-level positions:
- Warehouse Selectors
Penhall Company is a leading concrete cutting and removal service in Anaheim. They may hire felons on a case-by-case basis, so if you don’t mind hard work, this might be the company for you.
Some of the best entry-level jobs include:
- Heavy Machine Operator
- Forklift Operator
- Truck Driver
- Concrete Cutter
- Concrete Remover
City of Anaheim
Do you want a job where you can give back to your community? What better way to do that than to work for the city?
Here is a list of some of their entry-level positions:
- Data Entry Clerk
- Code Enforcement Officer
CoolSys, formerly known as Source Refrigeration, Inc, is an HVAC and refrigeration company. If you have been wanting to get into this line of work, this large company may be your spot.
Below are their best entry-level positions:
- Food Service Tech
- HVAC Tech
- Refrigeration Service Tech
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Did you think about applying to some local restaurants? May we suggest Bubba Gump? Multiple locations across the city means you’ll be able to find a
Here are some entry-level positions to consider:
This company is an equal opportunity employer that specializes in, well . . . lumber. Being an equal opportunity employer means that they’ll consider all applications without discrimination.
A few of their entry-level roles include:
- Forklift Driver
- Door and Window Sales
- Hardware Sales
- Order Puller
West Coast Arborists
Are you interested in saving the environment one tree at a time? At West Coast Arborists, a job in the tree industry is a good way to get to not only help out our planet, but put you in a better life position as well.
Consider one of these entry-level positions:
- Tree Trimming
- Tree Health
- Tree Maintenance
Trucking jobs for felons in Anaheim
Many trucking companies throughout the U.S. are well-known for hiring people with criminal records and they are great for shift work.
Whether you’re a seasoned driver or just getting started, here’s a list of our top contenders for trucking jobs for felons in Anaheim:
- Knight Transportation
- C.R. England
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Swift Refrigerated
- Nationwide Trucking
Warehouse jobs for felons in Anaheim
Warehouses are almost always a great place to get a job when you’ve got a record following you around. You can find felon-friendly roles at just about any warehouse, as well as at companies that have an on-location storage or a shipping department. Look for administrative positions such as a customer service representative or find a position operating machinery.
Here are the best places to find warehouse jobs for felons in Anaheim:
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Sunland Nutrition, Inc.
- Dal-Tile Corporation
Temp agency jobs for felons in Anaheim
Maybe a temporary position would be best for you. Employment agencies give you the chance to experience a variety of roles at different companies. Finding the right fit can be easier after you’ve tried a few options out.
The best employment agency jobs for felons in Anaheim.
Second chance and job training programs for felons in Anaheim
Luckily, California has Ban the Box laws. What this means is that employers can’t have the checkbox on their application asking if someone has been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony. They may still run a background check, but your record won’t be a barrier to an interview.
Following are a few second chance and job training programs for felons in Anaheim. These programs provide access to housing, food, financial aid, education, and more:
- California Reentry Institute Program
- Mission: Preparing men for and supporting them through the transition from incarceration to freedom, assisting them in being contributing members of society. Proving that with preparation and support, the cycle of incarceration can be broken.
- Services offered: Education, Employment, Family
- California Reentry Program
- Mission: The mission of the California Reentry Program is to assist California prisoners in successfully reentering society. This includes developing parole plans; providing prisoners assistance with developing social skills and obtaining services in their local communities; promoting public support for such programs; and providing a model for reentry programs that can be replicated in California and elsewhere.
- Services offered: Addiction and Recovery, Clothing and Household, Education, Employment, Housing, Immigration, Medical
- Los Angeles Regional Reentry Partnership (LARRP)
- Mission: The mission of the Los Angeles Regional Reentry Partnership (LARRP) is to support the development and implementation of a comprehensive, culturally competent, and effective community reentry system, by providing a strong community voice in public policy and funding decisions; by serving as a convener of reentry service providers, advocates, and other stakeholders; and by building capacity across the county to meet the needs of the reentry community.
- Services offered: Education, Employment, Housing, Legal, Medical, Spiritual Services, Voting
- Root and Rebound
- Mission: Root & Rebound’s mission is to restore power and resources to the families and communities most harmed by mass incarceration through legal advocacy, public education, policy reform and litigation — a model rooted in the needs and expertise of people who are directly impacted.
- Services offered: Legal