Yes, you can expect a background check. ResCare will also pull your credit report and look at your driving record.
People report that ResCare only goes back ten years on their background checks. However, they also have to follow state guidelines and those can differ greatly.
Here is something to keep in mind regarding background checks:
Some states will look at an offense only if it’s less than seven years old. They are as follows:
- New Hampshire
- New York
The following states only see guilty convictions:
- Indiana (limited check)
- New York
Unfortunately, there are some states that still look at everything. They’re as follows:
- Indiana (extensive check)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
ResCare was rated 2.7 out of 5 stars on glassdoor.com. This isn’t a top score, by any means. Their score was most affected by their low pay and few raises. However, individuals do seem to enjoy working here because they’re able to help others and make a difference in the world.
What felonies ResCare will not hire
There are no listed felonies from the company that would stop you from getting hired, but you can check out the next section for areas we think they’ll look more closely.
What felony convictions might have a hard time getting hired here?
ResCare mentions on their application that there are a few convictions that may have a harder time getting hired. They are as follows:
- Drug convictions of any kind will be looked at closely. You’d have access to a ton of medications, so ResCare might have some rules about this.
- Violent offenses will definitely be looked at. ResCare is health care organization and most positions require you to work with the elderly or disabled — individuals who are considered vulnerable.
- Any incident that includes dishonesty. Most of the positions require you to be in the patient’s home, so you’ll need to show you have integrity.
- Driving offenses because you’ll be transporting patients.
Does ResCare hire sex offenders?
There is no strict policy the company told us about that prevents ResCare from hiring sex offenders, but we haven’t seen any examples of when they have.
Does ResCare drug test?
Yes. ResCare makes it known that you must consent to a drug screen in order to be considered for employment.
Have you applied for a job or worked here? Share your experiences!
Have you worked at ResCare with a felony? Has our guide helped you? Let us know about your experience. We value your feedback!